About the role
As business developer at Kalpana Systems, you will be the first hire in our commercial team and will be playing a vital role in moving our company from the prototype- to the commercial phase. In this role you will be closely collaborating with our R&D team and customers within different target markets. As business developer, you will be defining and optimizing our go-to-market strategy and will be responsible for the sales of our first commercial systems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in relevant industries
- Conduct market research to identify potential new applications for spatial ALD technology
- Collaborate with our engineering team to ensure our technology meets the needs of the markets
- Manage the entire sales cycle; from lead generation to deal closure
- Develop and execute sales strategies to achieve revenue targets
- Provide support to customers
- Attend industry conferences and events to network and promote our technology
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, Physics, Chemistry or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development or sales in the semiconductor, energy, equipment manufacturing or medical device industries
- Technical background
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Understanding of thin film deposition technology and its applications is a plus
About Kalpana Systems
Kalpana Systems is a high-tech startup that was founded in Rotterdam in March 2021. Kalpana has a unique design for a machine that uses the spatial Atomic Layer Deposition (s-ALD) technology. ALD is the superior method for the deposition of thin film coatings where a perfect layer quality is required. Currently the main issue is that all available s-ALD machines have major drawbacks, mainly related to speed and uptime. Our design will drastically change this. Kalpana is on a mission to produce the first commercially feasible roll-to-roll s-ALD solution to be used in a variety of industries, helping these industries advance to the next level. These industries include rapidly growing sustainable markets such as (flexible) solar cells and Li-ion batteries for electric vehicles.
What we offer
- Dynamic and informal working environment at Yes!Delft
- Involved in a company with exciting potential from the early stages
- Responsible role with ownership
- Competitive salary
- 25 days off (holiday)
- Re-imbursement of travel costs
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Apply through this form and we will contact you.